Giant pandas are killed for their fur, their fur can be sold for a very high price in markets. Their fur are made into hand bags, luggage and more. They are also hunted down by jackals and leopard, they usually eat young pandas. Scientists think their ancestors ate meat, but gradually started to eat bamboo. They eat a lot of bamboo in one day, bamboo also takes time
to grow. Humans cut down bamboo to do things, leaving little bamboo left for the giant pandas. Some people think they will have to face starvation one day. In 2004, people estimated that there was only 1,600 pandas left in the wild. WFF takes care of them and protest about killing giant pandas.
Opinion: These cute animals has been hunted until it is endangered, long time ago, the mainlands of china was filled with pandas. The ancient Chinese started eating their flesh, then now we take their fur for human accessory. Many hospitals have been built to raise newborn pandas, we don’t want these cute animals disappear. So we need to prevent the people from hunting them.
Fast Facts Protected by:
- Average life span in the wild:20 years
- Size:4 to 5 ft (1.2 to 1.5 m)
- Weight:300 lbs (136 kg)
- Protection status:Endangered
- Size relative to a 6-ft (2-m) man:
- Giant Pandas Killed for Fur (raphsendangeredanimals.wordpress.com)
- BBC view of Giant Panda (0pandamadness0.wordpress.com)
- panda miracle (giantpandaproject.wordpress.com)
- UPDATE1: Giant panda at Ueno Zoo shows signs of pregnancy (english.kyodonews.jp)
- Pandas make public debut at Toronto Zoo (sunnewsnetwork.ca)
- 10 things you probably didn’t know about giant pandas (metronews.ca)
- Toronto Zoo Hosts VIP Event to Preview Giant Panda Experience (sacbee.com)